Wednesday, March 30, 2011

mexican sunrise

"Heaven did not seem to be my home; 
and I broke my heart with weeping to come back to earth; 
and the angels were so angry that they flung me out into 
the middle of the heath on the top of Wuthering Heights; 
where I woke sobbing for joy."

— Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
 I took this picture our first morning in Mexico - this was the view out our bedroom window.
 
And while I have never seen a more beautiful and peaceful sunrise, 
I would never trade it for a morning waking up at home.

As much as I love to travel, I do love the District that we live in and all of
the beauty and history surrounding it - especially in the spring and
especially in the midst of cherry blossoms.

But thats not really what I meant by being home in the first place.

No comments: