Monday, March 28, 2011

a reason to be thankful and glad ...

"You're beautiful and sad," I said finally, not looking at him when I did. "Just like your eyes. You're like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again." For a long moment there was only the whirring sound of the tires on the road, and then Sam said softly, "Thank you."  — Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver
 ...for a weekend in the country with family. Beautiful Saturday brunch with many friends dear. Delicious lemon muffins. Late night family walks through our darling neighborhood that I continue to love a little more every day. Lunch downtown with husband. Invitation making and a found love for stamps. Lots of popcorn and M&Ms. Kissing in the aisles at Michael's (in order to make it a bearable errand for Mr. D). A hard Sunday afternoon cry and a refreshing walk afterward in the cold night air with encouraging words from husband weaving in and out of 
the tree-lined streets and nestled houses.

And when all was said and done, I actually woke up ready and thankful to head to work..
and even more excited about going home after.
photo one of the potomac river early morning

No comments: