Our union is like this: You feel cold, so I reach for a blanket to cover our shivering feet.
A hunger comes into your body, so I run to my garden and start digging potatoes.
You asked for a few words of comfort and guidance,
A hunger comes into your body, so I run to my garden and start digging potatoes.
You asked for a few words of comfort and guidance,
and I quickly kneel by your side offering you a whole book as a gift.
You ache with loneliness one night so much you weep,
You ache with loneliness one night so much you weep,
and I say here is a rope, tie it around me, I will be your companion for life.
- Hafiz, Our Union
I can't believe we have been married for almost half a year already.
It has been the best and happiest five months of my life to date
and I am more excited than ever before for all that lies ahead.
We have been facing a few trials as of late, but we have only grown closer together -
and our home has become all the more full of love and a place of harmonious refuge.
So much so, that I can honestly say that I have never been happier
or more thankful for Mr. D and our marriage.
Thankful for every struggle that makes us stronger.
And that Mr. D comes home...even after a long day,
and we talk and day-dream, laugh and count every single blessing we have.
Six months ago I was given the most stunning gift
and married the funniest, kindest and most handsome man I know...
he makes me feel beautiful and smart
and most of all inspired.
I still get just as excited to see him at the end of every day as I used to
first photograph by Carin Davis


1 comment:
So cute! Congrats!
Post a Comment