Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lately

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, 
but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
― Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-time of the Soul
 
Lately:

  • I wake up while the moon is still shining and give thanks for the life tossing and turning in my belly. That is my favorite way to wake up, no matter what time and no matter how tired I am.
  • Lucy's new do has her prancing around our yard barking and showing off her figure like never before. 
  • Mr. D came home from work beaming because he had had such a record-breaking good day. I've been proudly celebrating every since. 
  • I have an insatiable craving for fruit. Blueberries and bananas especially. 
  • Baby girl has settled nice and low on my right hip - all one pound and eleven inches of her. She wont move no matter how long I lay on my left side. Next I am going to try swimming...maybe she will float over to the other side?! (I'm skeptical, but the doctor recommended trying it). 
  • When I get home from work, I curl up in a chair and read. Taking pleasure in the quiet act of turning each page. Sometimes there is nothing more comforting to me than turning the pages of a good book.
  • My eyes water at the smallest of things - joyful or simply beautiful (dont even get me started on something sad). 
  • Ive been wearing glasses that I have had a prescription for since the third grade (except in third grade I wore pink rimmed, grandpa-style glasses). My new BonLook glasses are a definite upgrade and its nice to be able to see!
  • I take more time. I move a little more gently and sip my drinks a little slower, conscious of the cool water sliding down my throat and the glass against my lip. I turn pages of books a little more carefully - letting my fingers truly feel their surface - and I try to freeze every moment I spend with Mr. D and our growing little family. Savoring every minute.

    Lately...I know this is exactly where I need to be. 


2 comments:

Lindy said...

You are a great example of savoring every minute. Thanks for the good reminder! I am so happy for you guys.

WhitneyClarke said...

Thank you, Lindy! Hope you had a good weekend with that cute little boy of yours. We are trying to really make the most of these nine months...because I know it will seem like it flew by.