“…hearts wrung with anguish, the anguish of having children,
a vulnerability as astonishing as the capacity for love that parenthood brings.”
― Eugenides
Baby girl and I sure love this man around here. His presence seems to calm the both of us almost instantly.
I almost met Mr. D in the street last night when he came home around 10:45 pm.
(not kidding -- had I been able to get decently dressed with one hand I might have)
Baby girl and I had both been feeling out of sorts since around 5 pm. I felt like I was getting the flu
(turns out to maybe just be breastfeeding related?)
and Lyla simply insisted on being held, rocked, nursed and walked...simultaneously.
But as soon as Mr. D walked through the door last night,
bird quieted down and this mama got to take a bubble bath that felt like heaven.
He had Bird cooing and me laughing in no time.
Don't know what we would do without him.

6 comments:
Danny was that same calming influence as soon as he walked in the door when Ellie was a newborn...although he was home at a much earlier hour.
I can't wait to meet her in person. I wish I could bring you dinner, fold your laundry and hold your sweet lil' bird. xo
No fun. How you are feeling better. I've heard that can happen with Breastfeeding.... I think I've already mentioned this, but I stopped pumping after 6 weeks. It was just too hard and painful for me. Good luck.
Lovely Whit!
As a breasfeeding veteran (nursing two babes for eight months qualifies me as such, right?! ), be very careful if you begin to feel flu-like symptoms, have redness or unusual heat on or near your breasts, or start running a high fever. Mastitis is a serious infection, but quickly and easily treated once identified.
Sending heaps of love and well-wishes.
Oh, I hope you don't have mastitis. I had it and it was so SO painful! Luckily, my mom was with me and I had a few bottles pumped so she let me rest. (I would just cry when she latched on even though her latch was perfect.) Know that these days don't last long. My daughter is a year old and sleeping 13 hour at night yet I SO miss the newborn days!
Emily and Rachel - yes!! I did have mastitis and thank heavens for the medicine that made the symptoms go away almost immediately. I nursed through it for a few days which was so painful, but finally got the antibiotic I needed to fight it off. Definitely not fun! But thankfully Im feeling much better. Thank you for your comments...i love hearing from you experienced and awesome mamas!!
Carin! We are so excited to see you guys so soon!! xo
Audrey - My flu symptoms were all breast feeding related. Not fun!! But thankfully over. BF can definitely be a challenge. PS your little guy is looking so, so cute these days!! Hope you are all doing well!
Post a Comment