Baby girl,
I can hardly believe you have been in our lives for 8 weeks already. Every day I tell your daddy that I can't believe how much I love you. We keep learning more about you and your little personality. Everyone goes on about what a good baby you are...and you are!
You have been a good sleeper from day one and have always been surprisingly alert. You are quite a content little baby (well, most of the time...). At your one week appointment, the doctor said you had the strength of three week old baby and you continue to get stronger and stronger. At a week you could roll over on to your side (where you prefer to spend most of your time) and at two weeks you lifted your head and turned it from one side to the next while I held you. And speaking of being held...you LOVE to be held and I'm afraid we have spoiled you quite a bit. You have spent most of these past eight weeks in the arms of people who awe over you and cuddle you and kiss the top of your cute little head.
You weighed 6 lbs 8 oz when we left the hospital and 6 lbs 10 oz at your very first doctor's appointment. Now, at two months old you weigh 10 lbs 8 oz. And I'm pretty sure most of that weight is just in length. You are in the 92nd percentile for length and just barely at the 50th percentile for weight!! You are one long little girl!
You love your pacifier and sleeping in our arms. You also have loved baths from the time you were a week old. You smile after you wake up from every nap and are especially happy in the morning. You are nursing every 3-4 hours and every 4-5 hours at night. You have really started sucking on your hands/knuckles a lot...I think you are still searching for your thumb. You took your first 8 hour road trip at 3 weeks and your first flight at 4 weeks old. So far, you have already been on 3 flights and have 5 more ahead of you in the next 3 weeks alone!!!! So far, you have been such a good little traveler.
And baby girl, you bring us so much joy. You are funny and constantly make us laugh. These first two months have been hard and rewarding, but surprisingly easy too. I never knew I could love someone like I love you and watching you and your daddy together fills me with the most wonderful love of all.
We love you so much...for everything you are and will one day be. We would not change a thing.
Love you always,
Mama

1 comment:
Adorable! She sounds so smart and sweet! Glad Shea been a good baby for you! Can't believe how much she's flown already!!
Post a Comment