“Already, Seattle is taking hold of her.
She still holds Sedona in the dry tan of her skin and in her hair,
but the fine mist of the Northwest
is making its way to places she didn’t know were parched.”
― Susan Wiggs
― Susan Wiggs
Just as the weather has swept my heart away here in Washington, DC...
I am headed to a Washington on the opposite coast. Seattle to be exact. Well...Bellevue to be certain.
I am planning to watch Sleepless in Seattle and read/write on the long plane ride over.
But first, I am looking forward to a movie night with my Mr.
and a breakfast date with said husband to follow.
Some mornings I lie awake before the alarm -
listening to husband breathe and watching the sun out our bedroom windows
slowly begin to splash color on the swaying leaves -
in complete awe and joy that this is home.
I am looking forward to the trip ahead and its promised mist from the Northwest skies,
but mainly I'm just incredibly excited and thankful to come back home.
2 comments:
Good luck in Sea-town!
Thank you, ma'am! Hope you have a great weekend!
Post a Comment